Marseille soap with olive oil is an ecological, biodegradable and environmentally friendly product. Gentle on the skin, its hypoallergenic formulation is very appreciated by allergic, sensitive or irritated skin and is suitable for the whole family! Used for personal hygiene or as a cleaning product, for the laundry or the house, Marseille soap is a traditional and very economical product that keeps for a long time.
Natural composition certified by ECOCERT
Our Marseille soap is a 100% natural product certified COSMOS NATURAL by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the COSMOS standard.
The Union of Marseille Soap Professionals
La Corvette Marseille soaps respect the artisanal manufacturing charter set by the Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille, of which the Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member.
The trademark guarantees
- A traditional manufacturing process of cooking in a period cauldron
- A composition of traditional Marseille soap from raw materials and oils exclusively vegetable, without additives, preservatives or perfume,
- A production site in the Bouches-du-Rhône department, the historical birthplace of Marseille soap.
How To Use It
Marseille soap is recognised as an exceptional product for its numerous virtues and uses, for personal hygiene or for ecological home maintenance. For hygiene :
- Marseille soap for the whole family: it can replace shower gels, synthetic soaps and even shampoo! Hypoallergenic, it is recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin (eczema, allergies, etc).
- Marseille soap as shaving foam: it foams up a lot and can be used as shaving foam for men's beards or as shaving soap for legs.
- Marseille soap to soothe wounds and help heal abrasions.
For the maintenance of the house
Marseille soap as a stain remover: rub the stain dry with a moistened soap block. Spread the foam over the garment, leave for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
Marseille soap as a detergent: grate your soap block with a cheese grater. Dilute a handful of the shavings obtained (60g) in 1L of hot water. Shake and leave for 24 hours. Stir again and add 1L of cold water, your ecological detergent is ready to use! Shake well before each use.
Marseille soap as a degreasing cleaner for walls, floors and household surfaces: dilute shavings of Marseille soap in a small amount of warm water. Wash the surfaces of the house, walls or floors with a broom or sponge and rinse with clear water.
When travelling: Practical and economical, Marseille soap is a minimalist multi-purpose product perfect for travelling. Minimalist luggage guaranteed! Did you know that? Marseille soap helps relieve cramps and rheumatism! Simply place a piece of Marseille soap between the sheets, just at the bottom of the bed.
About The Soap Factory
Founded in Marseille in 1894, the Savonnerie du Midi (La Corvette) is one of the last historical soap factories in Marseille to perpetuate the recipe and know-how of traditional Marseille soap. The Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member of the « Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille » (The Union of Marseille Soap Professionals).
This century-old soap factory has received the Living Heritage Company Label. This prize, created in 2005 and awarded by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, distinguishes French companies that maintain traditional skills of excellence!